Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD Core
Available on backorder
* Special Order *
"The UAD plug-ins allow us to get into the wheelhouse of the sounds of yesteryear. It's another instrument in the band these days." - The Killers
“The UAD-2 is the 21st century musician's best friend." - Ivan Barias (Musiq Soulchild, Faith Evans)
"Knowing the abilities of the DSP and the incredible quality and tonality of the plug-ins, the UAD-2 has become such a first response tool in my everyday recording and mixing." - Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt.
Get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt.
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library,
including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on newer Macs
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available in Custom, and Ultimate software packages, featuring a range of additional plug-ins
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
UAD Plug-In Craftsmanship: The Science Behind the Scenes
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Analog Classics Plus Bundle
Featuring a solid lineup of classic compressors like the Legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus EQs like the Legacy Pultec EQP-1A and Pultec Pro, the Analog Classics Plus bundle is a well-rounded mixing toolkit. Innovative new plug-ins like the 610-B Tube Preamp offer authentic tube tone, while the Precision Enhancer Hz plug-in allows shaping your overall mixes. The Analog Classics Plus Bundle is included with the UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt QUAD/OCTO.
* A “Special Order” is a product that we normally do not keep in stock. We order it from the manufacturer as soon as you order from us. We are the exclusive distributor for Universal Audio, so we can get your special order to you fast in about 2 to 3 weeks. Remember that special orders are non-cancellable, so make sure the item you are ordering is correct. Call us at 03-79540316 if you need further assistance.